Wednesday 18 July 2012

The Return.....


I am truly Loved by Him.

By the power of Your Holy Spirit I can successfully resist the devil and he must flee from me (James 4:7)

Trials and tribulations are the joy of living, just think if everything was easy, no problems, no worries; life would be so boring.  But when I am in the middle of a life- lesson trial, it feels so difficult.  It is in those times that I turn to God for strength, and bow my head in humble prayer and gratitude; Gratitude for simply being allowed to stay on His earth another day and glorify His name, allowing my hands and feet to carry out His will for me; for He loves me so much, He will watch me struggle.  The Lord never gives us more than we can handle.
            After my necklace was ripped off my neck, while waiting for a Matatu, I really felt defeated and discouraged. I was wondering why my conviction was so strong to come here. When I made a decision, last year, to return to Kenya and implement systemic change, I never had any doubt or fear.  Everything fell into place. Once I was over here, around week three, I started to doubt my abilities.  What can one person really do?  I wondered why I thought I could really make a difference.   But I worked hard every day, sometimes feeling productive, other days feeling little worth. Homesickness set in.  But my Faith never wavered. Then the thief attacked.  My Faith was tested again.  In the end, I came out fighting, feeling strong and courageous again, ready to conquer the world and continue my mission. I was praying for the young man who stole my necklace, praying for his salvation.

I feel as though God is pouring one miracle after another into me. 
Isabella, Margaret, and Me, the three Amigos...
I was called down to the front office today, by the Executive Director. He wanted to see me immediately. As I walked toward his office, my mind was racing; what had I done wrong, did I say something wrong in the teacher trainings, were they going to send me home, was I pushing too hard for a Resource Room?....why on earth would they want to speak to me?

Only God knew why. He had it all planned out…..

I entered and sat down, while three people stared at me…I was so nervous. Then he pointed to his desk so I would look down, “Is that yours?”. There was my necklace, the one that had been ripped off my neck 2 days ago, in the slums….I could not decipher my emotions…I was in awe. He asked me to look closely; he wanted to give me plenty of time, to see if it truly was my necklace.  It was.  And it was not broken. Then one of them made a phone call to let someone know it was my necklace and everyone rejoiced. The necklace had been sold and then retrieved.  The details of the return will remain undisclosed, but I will tell you it is very rare for stolen items to be returned.  The Kenyan staff member told me that, in the past, even the police have gone to certain people’s houses, to retrieve stolen items, and have returned empty handed.  This truly was another miracle. God touched someone’s heart. Again.

I think my work here in Kenya will have far reaching effects on many children and families.  Stumbling blocks arise. I will persevere and continue on my mission. God deserves all the glory.  Thank-you Father for your strength and guidance, I am forever indebted. 

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life;  He will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. (Psalm 41: 1-2)

2 comments:

  1. I love you mother - you deserve to feel good, all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news Lois! I remember last summer when you said you would return to Kenya. And I think some thought your comments were perhaps due to coming off an emotionally high experience...and I thought maybe that was the case....until I saw that look in your eyes of determination beyond explanation. So, I'm not surprised you are exactly where you are now...and one person can most certainly make a difference! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete